More detailed information about the class theme can be found by opening the “Curriculum Plan” which can be found in “Files to download” lower down the class homepage.
Please ensure that you read regularly (5 times a week where possible) with your child at home as well as practising the common exception word.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ksblMiliA8 This is a short video to help you support your child with how to say their letter sounds which will help them with their reading.
Practise recall of pairs of numbers that make 5 (e.g. 4 + 1) and addition and subtraction facts for all numbers to 5.
Please practise the spellings that we send home to learn each week. It is very important that your child begins to spell more accurately as well as phonetically.
Please don’t just do the homework, keep practising by looking at the information shared on the parents board.
Homework will be sent home on a Friday and will be collected on Thursday the following week.
Week at a Glance
- Phonics articulation – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqhXUW_v-1s
- Phonics games – http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ChildrensMenu.htm
- Supporting spelling, grammar and punctuation – http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks1/literacy/
- Supporting Reading – http://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds
- Supporting Maths – http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks1/maths/