PE and Sport Premium
Details of the Funding
Since 2013, the Government has been providing schools with additional funding to make sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport on offer to pupils. Below is an overview of how Marlborough is utilising the money this. For a more detailed report, please see the file download section at the bottom of the page.
How Did School Use the Funding?
How are we using our PE and Sports Funding in 2019-20?
- To engage all children in at least 30 active minutes per day.
- To pay for specialist sports coaches in curriculum time who teach alongside teachers to support CPD and to deliver after school clubs which is enabling us to train teams for a greater range of competitions.
- To purchase quality PE and sport equipment to replace and replenish stock and to increase the range of sports that we can offer our pupils.
- To fund a lunch time Change for Life club to encourage more children to take up sport. Sports include: fencing, archery and tri-golf.
- To increase participation in lower KS2 sports festivals, competition and inclusion events.
- To improve our outdoor spaces to create active outdoor learning environments.